AWARDS DEADLINE UPDATE
Unless otherwise stated, the deadline for receipt of all applications and their supporting documentation, is April 6 since April 5 falls on a Sunday.
There have been inquiries asking if the deadline for awards submissions would be extended, due to the unprecedented times we are going through.
After much discussion and review we have concluded that since all award submissions must all be judged online (the in-person judging weekend meeting has been cancelled), there would not be enough time to accurately judge the submissions with a shortened review time.
However, your Regional Awards Chairs and Awards Team are available to help you in any way we can and to offer suggestions. Please feel free to call or email us with any questions or concerns. Please be safe and stay well. We are here to help.
Here are some things to know about the electronic application.
• The applications include all of the documentation eliminating the need to go back and forth between the application and the guidebook.
• The application is formatted in Excel and allows for automatic point calculation.
• Electronic submission is done via file sharing so there is no limit on the size of the file being shared.
• If you choose to print the application, make sure to preview the print job.
• The document is primarily set up for a landscape printing. If the document looks askew, make sure that landscape is selected for the page format.
• The column title “Verified by Awards Committee” is not included in the print document, it is only pertinent to the Awards Committee.
• “Highlighting” is a generic term for emphasizing or calling out, underlines, circles, stars, etc. are acceptable means of highlighting.
Not sure which file share program to use, read this article by Computer World.
To become a Blue Chip Region, the region must obtain a minimum of 1,500 points. Every region is eligible to become a Blue Chip Region. In addition, a Region of Excellence Award will be given out to the region scoring the most points in each size category: One to a region with more than 2,500 members and one to a region with less than 2,500 members.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 595-0734