NAHU’s Awards Committee is excited to announce the newly formatted awards applications. Here are some things to know about the new electronic application.
• The applications now include all of the documentation eliminating the need to go back and forth between the application and the guidebook.
• This new application is formatted in Excel to allow for automatic point calculation.
• Electronic submission is done via file sharing so there is no limit on the size of the file being shared.
• If you choose to print the application, make sure to preview the print job.
• The document is primarily set up for a landscape printing. If the document looks askew, make sure that landscape is selected for the page format.
• The column title “Verified by Awards Committee” is not included in the print document, it is only pertinent to the Awards Committee.
• “Highlighting” is a generic term for emphasizing or calling out, underlines, circles, stars, etc. are acceptable means of highlighting.
If you are not familiar with file sharing here are some options:
Not sure which file share program to use, read this article by Computer World.
Awards Criteria lists can be found here.
Harold R. Gordon is considered to be the father of the American health insurance industry. He was a visionary who sensed that some place between the property/casualty insurance and life insurance industry would emerge a distinct industry concerned with insuring the financial aspects of a person getting sick or hurt.
In memory of this great leader, NAHU annually awards the industry's greatest accolade, the Harold R. Gordon Memorial Award, which recognizes the recipient as the industry's Person of the Year. The deadline for Gordon Award nominations is Monday, May 1, 2018.
Presented to members who have contributed significantly above and beyond what is normally called for in connection with association volunteer service.
Honors NAHU members with less than five years in the industry who have contributed significantly above and beyond what is normally called for in connection with association volunteer service at the local, state, and/or national level.
Honors members who have demonstrated excellence in public presentations.
The deadline for receipt of all applications and their supporting documentation,
regardless of delivery method, is April 5.
All submissions must include NAHU's original application form/score sheet. Re-keyed or retyped applications will be disqualified. Submissions received without applications forms/score sheets will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 595-0734