Most of this content was significantly contributed by Dan Mangus, Vice President of Sales at Senior Marketing Specialists with information gathered from insurance carriers, Medicare, and other online sources.
"This content is far more than simply a list of topics, statistics, or links. If approached from a place of deep curiosity (instead of only considering when you have a problem), this content can be an immensely impactful and revolutionary tool for your business."
Dan Mangus, Vice President, Senior Marketing Specialists
New - Medicare Video Series
The NAHU Medicare Advisory Group is working on a series of videos to help you navigate the Medicare market.
- Video #1 - Election Period Mistakes to Avoid During the Fall Open Enrollment
- Video #2 - NAHU Medicare Plan Finder Update with Justin Lubenow
*Information courtesy of NAHU Medicare Advisory Group
Medicare-Focused Episodes of NAHU's Healthcare Happy Hour Podcast
- 9/2/22: NAHU Submits Responses to CMS Medicare RFI
- 6/24/22: NAHU Submits Comments on Proposed Rule Establishing New Medicare Special Enrollment Periods
- 5/20/22: NAHU Discusses Medicare Marketing Final Rule with CMS
- 4/29/22: CMS Releases Proposed Rule Establishing New Medicare SEPs, Enrollment Window Changes, and More
- 4/22/22: NAHU Previews the 2023 Medicare & You Handbook
- 9/10/21: Will Democrats’ Reconciliation Package Lower the Medicare Eligibility Age?
- 8/13/21: Calling All Medicare Agents! Check Out NAHU’s New Medicare Advantage Training
- 6/25/21: Legislators Introduce Bills to Put an End to Medicare Observation-Status Loophole
In this section you will find informative flyers with current information that may be of use to you and your clients.
Tools for Seniors
- Annual Medicare Costs
- Choosing a Provider
- Questions to Ask for Home Healthcare
- Tax Information & IRS Tips
Older Immigrants and Medicare
- Program Eligibility, Enrollment and Costs
- Paying for Coverage
- Eligibility and Premium Assistance Options
- Post Enrollment Issues
- Language Access
*Information courtesy of Dawn McFarland, M&M Benefit Solutions Insurance Services
Fall Prevention for Older Adults
The CDC states that falls among older adults are extremely common with an estimated 2.5 million older adults treated for fall injuries in the U.S. every year. An estimated 25,000 of those fall injuries result in death. This dedicated resource section provides extremely well-detailed and thorough information for families and senior citizens around emerging assistive technologies for fall prevention.
*Information courtesy of Assisted Living Research Institute