When: Thursday, August 23; Registration start time: 8:30 a.m.; Program start time: 9:00 a.m.; Program end time: 12:00 p.m.
Where: The Ingleside Hotel, 2810 Golf Road, Pewaukee, WI 53072
Description: Voluntary/Worksite products are not new to the employee benefit industry. However, the surge of interest in these products has accelerated in recent days as employers seek ways to help attract and retain talent. The industry has responded swiftly with new products, new features, new enrollment technologies and many changes to the underwriting rules of these products. This additional opportunity has created new responsibilities for agents, brokers and consultants as advising clients in this area will differentiate their value to the consumers they serve.
To address this evolving opportunity, NAHU has created a new three-hour Voluntary/Worksite Certification course. Completion of this course will ensure a strong technical knowledge of the rules and regulations pertaining to various types of voluntary/worksite products and proven methods for communicating those options to employers and employees in a compelling way.
- An overview of all the voluntary/worksite products that are available to employers
- Review the "why employers would consider voluntary/worksite over traditional ancillary
- Consider the market drivers of voluntary products at the worksite
- Provides a complete review of the underwriting rules and enrollment tools that are emerging
- Suggests enrollment and communication strategies and tactics
- Review the taxation issues associated with voluntary/worksite products
- Explain the HR/Administrative issues that employers need to know
- Involves class participants in breakout discussions on ways to implement with case studies
Cost: The cost of the Voluntary Worksite Certification course is $179 for NAHU members and $279 for non-members.
Instructor: Scott Mardis, Territory Manager, Kemper Benefits