When: Thursday, September 16; Course start time: 1:30 p.m.; Course end time: 4:30 p.m.
After Event: The certification is followed by a VIP reception. Each participant will receive two free beverage tickets.
Where: Held in conjunction with the Missouri's Benefits Specialists Symposium at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, 1973 Craigshire Road, Saint Louis, Missouri 63146
The cost of the Single-Payer Healthcare Certification course is $191 for NAHU members and $298 for non-members.
Description: This course provides in-depth instruction on the importance of the overall functioning of healthcare delivery and financing in our country. The curriculum will include what single-payer is, the forms it can take and how it has been implemented around the world.
The course will also explore some of the proposals and variations that Congress is considering and discuss the implications on healthcare coverage in the United States.
The NAHU Single-Payer Healthcare Certification course will cover:
- Characteristics of single-payer healthcare plans
- Types of healthcare delivery and payment systems
- Pros & cons of multi-payer healthcare system
- Benefit structure under single payer systems
- Provider payment methods – fee-for-services
- Prescription drug payments
- Cost containment
- Single-payer healthcare systems around the world
- Why the United States is different
- Why the United States costs are higher
- United States politics in single-payer legislation
- Consequences of public option plans, Medicare buy-in and Medicaid buy-in plans
Continuing Education Credits: This course has been filed for 3 CE credits in MO, IA, IL and KS. Please check your state’s CE approval status and rules prior to purchasing the course.
Instructor: Reid Rasmussen, Co-Founder & CEO of Freshbenies
Missouri Benefit Specialists Symposium
Join brokers, agents and providers from around the state for the Missouri Benefit Specialists Symposium September 16-17, 2021, at the Doubletree Hotel at Westport.
The two-day seminar features an opportunity to earn up to 8 CE credits for Missouri and Illinois. The program features a NAHU Single-Payer Healthcare Certification Program and discussions on healthcare benefits in a post-COVID business environment, market leadership and technology, as well as a trade show and networking reception.