About This Event:
NAHU Live Webcast with Janet Trautwein, Executive Vice President & CEO of NAHU
+Policy Updates from Tim Barhorst, Candidate for Ohio Representative of the 19th District and OAHU Legislative Chair and John McGough, Lobbyist
With all the recent federal and state legislative and regulatory actions recently affecting health policy, this event will examine what actions have been taken, what the political and philosophical barriers have been, what actions we can expect in the near-term and how these changes can impact you as an health insurance professional.
Course Overview: During this course, participants will learn about recent legislative and regulatory actions affecting health policy. The course will examine what actions have been taken so far, what the political and philosophical barriers have been, what actions we can expect in the near-term and later, what prompted the need for changes to be made, how the changes are being made and the role that NAHU is having in this process, and what NAHU members, the overall agent/broker community, and employers play in this process.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of the course, the participant will know:
- The actions that have been taken by the Trump Administration and Congress to affect health policy during 2017;
- The specific policy proposals that have been and are under consideration or are being developed to change the health reform law;
- The political background, changes and processes that are leading to particular actions being made and how NAHU works to influence these processes;
- Policy positions of the association in affecting change in health reform at both the legislative and regulatory levels and what to expect in the coming year;
- Tools and resources for becoming active and engaged in these processes.
Janet Trautwein is the Chief Executive Officer of the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) and President of the National Association of Health Underwriters Education Foundation in Washington, D.C. NAHU represents more than 100,000 employee benefits professionals involved in the design, implementation and management of health plans all over the United States. Her responsibilities include oversight of all NAHU and NAHU Education Foundation activities including oversight for 30 staff members in Washington, DC and 210 state and local chapters. She is the primary spokesperson for NAHU to the media, government agencies and elected officials at all levels. A frequent speaker on health policy issues, Janet’s expertise in issues related to health insurance markets, the uninsured, health insurance pools, risk and reinsurance pooling, health related tax issues, and both national and global health reform has been recognized throughout the industry. Janet has testified before Congress numerous times, and has been published in major newspapers, including The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, and The New York Times and has appeared on hundreds of radio and television programs around the world.