Date: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
Time: 1-2 p.m. ET
Description: Our clients are looking for ways to address chronic disease and reduce healthcare spending. Food as medicine is one strategy that is making an impact. Wellbeing includes ensuring that we address social determinants of health that get in the way of employees' ability to access services equitably.
This presentation will discuss:
- What is food as medicine?
- Why should brokers leverage food as medicine strategies to address chronic disease?
- Correlation between food and mental health
- Proposed expansion of CPT codes for food prescriptions
- Importance of getting comfortable talking about social determinants of health
CE: The Empowering Human Health Through Food presentation has been filed for 1 continuing education credit in all 50 states. Please check your state’s CE approval status and rules prior to purchasing the course.
Instructor: Susan Rider, Director of Compliance & HR Consulting Services for Human Capital Concepts