NAHU is a diverse community of health insurance and benefit professionals committed to equity and inclusiveness for all its members and those whom they serve.
- Foster a welcoming environment where all people feel valued for their individual contributions
- Raise awareness of any harassment, discriminatory, or bullying behaviors, biased or unbiased, and how to identify and mitigate them
- Develop education programs that align with the diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and NAHU Vision & Strategic Plan 2025
Our Mission and Purpose
To provide diversity, equity and inclusion experiences that actively engages us in learning from each other to mitigate unconscious bias, educate on racial injustice, exclude discrimination of all forms, increase equity, and foster inclusion throughout the National Association of Health Underwriters.
What Drives NAHU’s DEI Mission?
Hear what NAHU’s servant leadership have to say about best practices, institutional training and state DEI requirements.
Listen to NAHU President Dane Rianhard, Professional Development Council Chair Susan Rider and DEI Chair Wayne Guzman discuss:
- Why DEI was an initiative for Dane’s presidency
- How we transformed a taskforce into an NAHU committee
- Why it was important for the BOT to lead by example to learn more about DEI
- What resources are now available
Embracing differences. Celebrating individuals. Growing together.