About the Course
Our workforce is changing in terms of where we work, how we work and the way we work. This means that health plans, particularly employer-sponsored health plans, are often offered with various types of accounts. Some accounts may even be offered on their own to be used in ways that are different than they have been used in the past.
Knowing which account to use for each of your clients is critical and NAHU has created a new course to ensure you remain on the cutting edge of innovative new opportunities.
The NAHU Account-Based Health Plans course brings all of this knowledge to one place and allows you to get the information you need through an online course. The course provides five hours of continuing education* and can be used as an elective for the Registered Employee Benefit Consultant® (REBC®) designation.
*Filed for continuing education in all states
- Compares Health Reimbursement Arrangements, Health Savings Accounts, Health Flexible Spending Accounts and other plan designs
- Provides detailed information on the new HRA plans: ICHRA & QSEHRA
- Goes over the business case and kinds of clients best suited for various products
- Provides two frameworks—one for selling Account-Based Plans and another for implementing it, which brokers may share with employers
- Presents comprehensive guidance on eligibility, contributions, plan designs, compliance and all technical elements
Course instruction will be delivered through NAHU's Online Learning Institute. For everything you need to know from creating an account to purchasing and accessing your course to taking the final exam, click here to access the user guide.
REBC® Designation Elective
The NAHU Account-Based Health Plans Certification is an elective of the Registered Employee Benefits Consultant® designation. Earning the REBC designation elevates your credibility as a professional and prepares you to best serve your clients. By completing the NAHU Account-Based Health Plans Certification you will be one step closer to obtaining the designation. Click here to access more information about the REBC designation, including the learning objectives and curriculum.