NAHU Workshop - Single-Payer Healthcare Certification
Thursday, August 6, 2020, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Presenter by Reid Rasmussen, Co-Founder and CEO of freshbenies
Filed in 50 states for 3 continuing education credits
Single-payer healthcare, also known as "Medicare for all," is the most controversial health insurance debate in our country. For this reason, NAHU has created this three- hour certification course to educate health insurance professionals on the benefit structure under the single-payer proposal.
This course provides in-depth instruction on the importance of the overall functioning of healthcare delivery and financing in our country. The curriculum will include what single- payer is, the forms it can take and how it has been implemented around the world.
The course will also explore some of the proposals and variations that Congress is considering and discuss the implications on healthcare coverage in the United States. The NAHU Single-payer Certification course for chapter classroom study:
- Characteristics of single-payer healthcare plans
- Types of healthcare delivery and payment systems
- Pros & cons of multi-payer healthcare systems
- Benefit structure under single payer systems
- Provider payment methods - fee-for-services
- Prescription drug payments
- Cost containment
- Single payer healthcare systems around the world
- Why the United States is different
- Why the United States costs are higher
- United States politics in single-payer legislation
- Consequences of public option plans, Medicare buy-in and Medicaid buy-in plans
Also at the BenefitsPRO Virtual Broker Expo, on August 19, NAHU CEO Janet Trautwein will deliver the morning keynote, The Politics and Policy of Healthcare. She will provide an update on what’s going on inside the Beltway and what to expect in 2020 and the coming years. For the latest on everything from Medicare for All to changes in the Cadillac Tax and regulations on every aspect of healthcare delivery and healthcare financing, you won’t want to miss this important update on issues that affect you and your clients.