When: Friday, January 15; Course start time: 11 a.m. CST; Course end time: 2 p.m. CST
Where: Zoom. This course will be instructed virtually for your safety and convenience. Registrants will receive their Zoom meeting confirmation notification with URL to participate on Friday, January 8, and Monday, January 11.
The cost of the Single-Payer Certification course is $191 for NAHU members and $298 for non-members.
Description: This course provides in-depth instruction on the importance of the overall functioning of healthcare delivery and financing in our country. The curriculum will include what single-payer is, the forms it can take and how it has been implemented around the world.
The course will also explore some of the proposals and variations that Congress is considering and discuss the implications on healthcare coverage in the United States.
The NAHU Single-Payer Healthcare Certification course will cover:
- Characteristics of single-payer healthcare plans
- Types of healthcare delivery and payment systems
- Pros & cons of multi-payer healthcare system
- Benefit structure under single payer systems
- Provider payment methods – fee-for-services
- Prescription drug payments
- Cost containment
- Single-payer healthcare systems around the world
- Why the United States is different
- Why the United States costs are higher
- United States politics in single-payer legislation
- Consequences of public option plans, Medicare buy-in and Medicaid buy-in plans
Continuing Education Credits: This course provides 3 continuing education credits.
Instructor: Janet Trautwein, CEO of NAHU