Have you received a new business associate agreement (BAA) from carriers you work with? Carriers are demanding their agents and brokers prove they are HIPAA-compliant. Why is this happening? What does it mean to your agency? Do you have to take any steps to comply with Europe's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
Join Total HIPAA's Chief Compliance Officer Jason Karn for a NAHU member-exclusive Compliance Corner webinar on Thursday, July 19, at 1:00 p.m. Eastern titled "Carriers are Requiring HIPAA Compliance – Are You Ready?" Jason will discuss new carrier requirements and how your agency can satisfy their demands, save money and protect your reputation. Topics will include:
- Carrier compliance requirements
2. How to survive a carrier audit
3. How HIPAA compliance will prepare you for an audit
4. Specific steps you can take today to secure your agency and your relationship with your carrier(s)
5. Europe's GDPR applicability, if any, to your clients
This informative 60-minute webinar is full of practical information for ways to secure your agency's relationship with your carriers and protect your clients' health information. The session is limited to 1,000 participants. If you can't make it or it fills up, the session will be recorded and the slides and webinar recording will be posted online.