Single-payer healthcare, also known as "Medicare for all," is the most controversial health insurance debate in our country. For this reason, NAHU has created this three-hour certification course to educate health insurance professionals on the benefit structure under the single-payer proposal.
This course provides in-depth instruction on the importance of the overall functioning of healthcare delivery and financing in our country. The curriculum will include what single-payer is, the forms it can take and how it has been implemented around the world.
The course will also explore some of the proposals and variations that Congress is considering and discuss the implications on healthcare coverage in the United States. The NAHU Single-payer Healthcare Certification course will cover:
- Characteristics of single-payer healthcare plans
- Types of healthcare delivery and payment systems
- Pros & cons of multi-payer healthcare systems
- Benefit structure under single payer systems
- Provider payment methods - fee-for-services
- Prescription drug payments
- Cost containment
- Single payer healthcare systems around the world
- Why the United States is different
- Why the United States costs are higher
- United States politics in single-payer legislation
- Consequences of public option plans, Medicare buy-in and Medicaid buy-in plans
Reid Rasmussen, Co-founder & CEO of freshbenies