When: Friday, January 15; Course start time: 10:00 a.m. MST; Course end time: 1:00 p.m. MST
Where: Zoom. This course will be instructed virtually for your safety and convenience. Registrants will receive their Zoom meeting confirmation notification with URL to participate on Friday, January 8, and Monday, January 11.
AAHU is providing a discount for the first 60 registrants. For the first 60 AAHU members, the cost of the Single-Payer Certification course is $100. For members who enroll after the limit has been reached, the price of the course is $191. The cost of the course is $298 for non-members.
Description: This course provides in-depth instruction on the importance of the overall functioning of healthcare delivery and financing in our country. The curriculum will include what single-payer is, the forms it can take and how it has been implemented around the world.
The course will also explore some of the proposals and variations that Congress is considering and discuss the implications on healthcare coverage in the United States.
The NAHU Single-Payer Healthcare Certification course will cover:
- Characteristics of single-payer healthcare plans
- Types of healthcare delivery and payment systems
- Pros & cons of multi-payer healthcare system
- Benefit structure under single payer systems
- Provider payment methods – fee-for-services
- Prescription drug payments
- Cost containment
- Single-payer healthcare systems around the world
- Why the United States is different
- Why the United States costs are higher
- United States politics in single-payer legislation
- Consequences of public option plans, Medicare buy-in and Medicaid buy-in plans
Continuing Education Credits: This course provides 3 continuing education credits.
Instructor: Janet Trautwein, CEO of NAHU